Visitar bodegas en Portugal
Portugal, our inseparable neighbor with which we share more customs and traditions than what appears at first glance, is a country with great richness in landscape, nature, historic legacy, gastronomy and of course, famous all over the world for its wines and wineries. Let´s dig a little deeper into its wine cellars:
Some of the best wineries in Portugal
Sandeman, a wine cellar present in the region since 1790, is no doubt representative of wineries in this region of Portugal, Oporto.
It has 4 types of wines:
- Sandeman Porto, including the classics, reserves, vintage
- Sandeman Sherry
- Sandeman Brandy
- Sandeman Madeira, produced following the methods of the Island of Madeira
This exclusive winery was founded by the Scottish brothers William and John Graham in 1820. Since then it has not stopped collecting awards, currently the most awarded Oporto wine in the world.
Around 1890 this wine cellar was one of the first to invest in its own vineyards in the Douro valley and today it is considered a flagship winery in terms of wine-growing techniques and innovation.
Founded in 1692, these wine cellars are considered as one of the oldest Oporto wine producers. Taylor´s is exclusively dedicated to the production of Oporto wines, particularly its best types.
Quinta do Panascal
Located in Valença do Douro, right in the Douro valley, we find Quinta do Panascal, a beautiful estate where you shouldn’t miss its internationally recognized Port wines.
The Ramos Pinto house, located in Vilanova de Gaia, was founded in 1880 by Adriano Ramos Pinto. They are known for high quality wines and the innovative strategy of the winery itself.
Currently, the Quinta do Bom Retiro, Quinta da Urtiga, Quinta dos Bon Ares and the Quinta Ervamoira belong to this group.
Some experiences in the wine cellars of Portugal
If it is difficult to choose just one or several wineries to visit, it is no less complicated to choose only one experience.
But it doesn´t have to be only one experience. Why not try several in the same trip? Here we have some suggestions for winery visits in Portugal:
- Wine-pairings and cocktails in Sandeman
- Tasting an excellent Port in the Terrace of the Sandeman Winery
- Reserve the “Private Vintage Room” in Grahams to delight in some of the most exclusive Port wines of this winery
- Enjoy an authentic luxury night in the Hotel The Yeatman, that belongs to the Taylor´s wineries group
- Visit the Ervamoira Museum, of Ramos Pinto, combined with a visit to the Prehistoric Roack-Art Site of the Côa Valley
- Enjoy a delicious dinner in the Barao Fladgate Restaurant with incredible views to the city and the Douro river, and taste the exquisite traditional gastronomy of Portugal with some national wines and of course, wines from the Taylor´s winery.
- Tastings in different wine cellars and private tastings
- Different types of visits to the Quintas
The options are unlimited and only your imagination can place limits. We wait for you with open arms to show you and discover each one of these corners.
Are you ready for your visit to the exclusive wine cellars of Portugal?